Ready for Some Football? Check Out these Fun, Lively Local Spots to Watch the Big Game!
If you’re a fan of the New England Patriots or Seattle Seahawks, you’re sure to be in pigskin heaven right now. However, with the big game less than a week away, you have to make an important decision: Where will you watch it?
For residents of Cadence at Crown, the surrounding Gaithersburg area provides a fun, delicious assortment of bars and restaurants to see these gridiron titans battle. Whether you crave classic football grub like wings and beer, or want to add a bit of the exotic or gourmet while you cheer the hard-hitting action, Cadence at Crown is just minutes from tasty choices that include:
- Paladar Latin Kitchen and Rum Bar – Treat yourself to intense flavors from Central and South America and the Caribbean. Paladar’s menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow-roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood, and homemade salsas. Even better, you can indulge in 50 choices of rum, inventive mojitos and margaritas, and a fantastic wine list. 203 Crown Park Avenue; (301) 330-4400
- Coastal Flats – Even though it’s winter, Coastal Flats will warm up your pigskin experience with a beach house décor, delightful wine list, and colorful mojitos and caipirinhas. 135 Crown Park Ave.; (301) 869-8800
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House – Talk about an excellent game-time combination: a juicy steak and your favorite beer, wine, or cocktail. 106 Crown Park Ave.; (301) 990-1926
- Asia Nine – Blend an all-American sport with Asian fusion cuisine. Sample the lamb chops, miso honey duck breast, or hoisin barbecue ribs … complete with sake or Japanese and Thai beer. 254 Crown Park Ave.; (301) 330-9997
- Joe’s Crab Shack – Savor cold beer, authentic flavors, and Southern flair. Choose from more than 25 crab dishes as well as fish, lobster, mussels, clams, and shrimp. The best part? If your team isn’t doing so hot, cracking some crab legs can be very therapeutic. 22 Rio Blvd.; (301) 947-4377
- Guapo’s Cantina & Grill – A perfect choice for Tex-Mex fare, strong margaritas, and a convivial atmosphere. 9811 Washingtonian Blvd.; (301) 977-5655
- Uncle Julio’s Rio Grande Café – Get a group of friends together and catch the game over refreshing cocktails, large entrée portions, and wallet-friendly prices. What could be better? Washingtonian Center, 231 Rio Boulevard; (240) 632-2150
- Nando’s Peri-Peri – Why settle for ordinary wings? Add a little kick to your football experience with flame-grilled Portuguese chicken served with a dash of garlic, a squeeze of lemon, and fiery PERi-PERi spices. 224 Boardwalk Place; (240) 408-7146
- Copper Canyon Grill – America’s most popular sport is complemented by mouth-watering American cuisine at Copper Canyon. Hickory-grilled sizzling steaks, line-caught Ahi tuna, and cornbread baked with fresh jalapeno and Serrano peppers are just a few of the bold offerings for your choosing. Rio in the Washingtonian Center, 100 Boardwalk Place; (240) 631-0003
However, if you want to keep your Super Sunday low-key and don’t feel like going out, Cadence at Crown has convenient options. Check out our Lounge/Club Room, which we’ve fixed up for the big game. Come out and enjoy the game with your neighbors!